Warcraft: the RPG
Description: Humans are the youngest race on Azeroth, but they make up for it by being the most populous.
Appearance Humans come from a variety of backgrounds. Their appearance and stature are equivalent to that described for humans in the PHB.
Region After the end of the Third War, Alliance forces under Jaina Proudmoore’s command pulled to the south of Kalimdor. They founded a stronghold called Theramore, a small, walled city on a rocky isle just east of Dustwallow Marsh.
Affiliation Alliance. Humans and orcs banded together to face the menace of the Burning Legion, but old habits returned once they dispatched the demonic threat.
Human Racial traits
- Base land speed 30 ft.
- Bonus feat at 1st level.
- 4 extra skill points at first level and +1 skill point per level.
- +2 racial bonus vs. fear.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy. Gather Information and Knowledge (nobility and royalty). These are considered class skills for all humans.
- +1 attack rolls vs. orcs
- Automatic Language: Common.
- Bonus Languages: Any unrestricted.
- Favoured Class: Any. A multi-classed human’s highest class level does not count when determining if he suffers an XP penalty for multi-classing.( See PHB Chapter 3: Classes)
Description Ironforge dwarves are stoic and tough, similar to dwarves in the PHB. Originally from Khaz Modan, they came to Kalimdor to battle the Burning Legion. In the aftermath of that struggle, dwarves have learned they may have been created by an ancient race called the titans. This revelation has awakened an interest in exploration and an obsession with relics and locations of titan holdings throughout Kalimdor. This new found knowledge has also unlocked enchanted energies of their heritage, including the ability to turn their skin to stone for limited periods of time. Dwarves are as interested in invention as discovery. They have virtually perfected the use of firearms and have an uncanny knack for constructing and using them.
Appearance The stature and appearance of Ironforge dwarves is equivalent to that described for dwarves in the PHB.
Region Ironforge Dwarves retain contact with Theramore Isle, periodically returning for supplies and recreation. they have established a few different dig sites, including one major site they call Bael Modan (Red Mountain) located in the southern Barrens.
Affiliation Alliance. Ironforge Dwarves respect the orc’s fighting prowess, but too much bad blood prevents any meaningful relations. They have never experienced good relations with high elves, and night elves inherent secrecy virtually guarantees that dwarves spare them little kindness as well. Ironforge dwarves are non-committal towards tauren, though they do exercise caution due to that race’s Horde affiliation. This makes exploration of Kalimdor more difficult than it might be otherwise, since the night elves and tauren are more familiar with the land than the newly arrived dwarves.
Ironforge Dwarf Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma
- Base land speed 20 ft.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Stability: +4 vs bull rush or trip when standing on the ground.
- Stone Flesh (Su): Once per day as a free action, Ironforge dwarves may transform their very flesh into stone. This grants a +2 natural armour bonus for a number of rounds equal to their Constitution modifier + character level. This bonus increases by one at 6th level and every 6 character levels thereafter ( +3 at 6th, +4 at 12th, and +5 at 18th).
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat blunderbusses, long rifles, flintlock pistols, dwarven urgroshes and dwarven battleaxes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws vs. poison.
- +1 racial bonus on attacks vs. giants.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Craft checks related to stone or metal items, and Craft firearms. These are considered class skills for all Ironforge Dwarf characters.
- Automatic Languages: Common and dwarven.
- Bonus Languages: Gnome, Goblin, Orc and Thalassian.
- Favoured Class: Fighter. A multi-classed dwarf’s Fighter class levels do not count when determining if he suffers an XP penalty for multi-classing.( See PHB Chapter 3: Classes)
Description High elves were born long ago when a band of night elves were banished from their homeland for continuing to abuse arcane magic. This abuse eventually transformed them into High Elves- or the Quel’Dorei as they call themselves. In the course of their exile, they founded the city of Quel’Thalas on the continent of Lordaeron and used their magic to defend themselves against the indigenous peoples. The few high elves who travelled to Kalimdor learned to their horror that Quel’Thalas had been destroyed by the Scourge. With no homeland and a burning desire for vengeance, the occasional ship that arrives from Lordaeron brings more High elves bent on hunting down the remaining undead on Kalimdor. There is another reason High elves are interested in Kalimdor. It is home to the World tree, long in the care of their cousins, the Night elves. A scattering of hidden Moon Wells also draws the High elves, who need to replenish their magical energies daily.
Appearance The willowy high elves stand a few inches taller than humans, ranging over 6 feet tall on average. They are typically slimmer than the more muscular humans, weighing an average of 100 to 175 pounds. They have fair hair and skin, with brilliantly coloured eyes. They reach adulthood at 110 years, and may live up to 2,000 years before dying of old age.
Only humans, elves, (Ironforge) dwarves, half-elves and half-orcs from the PHB. Warcraft RPG variants take precedence over PHB descriptions.
Warcraft RPG adds new races: goblins, night elves, tauren, and orcs.
AHC adds new races: Wildhammer Dwarves, Blood Elves, furbolgs, gnomes, naga, pandaren and jungle trolls.